people watching this activity
Southern Patagonian Ice Field
Fabulous expedition exploring one of the least known areas of the earth: Southern Patagonian Ice where ice and rock are the main characters.
The Sothern Patagonia is still the main goal of many explorers and dreamers looking for new sensations and a real and direct contact with nature so wild. We suggest for you to follow the footsteps of the boldest explorers of our time, visiting unique places and living the most fascinating experiences in the most remote places of Patagonia, sacrificing comfort a bit. This is why we have prepared this expedition that includes unique experiences in contact with the most pure nature.
DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM
• Los Glaciares National Park. Chalten area
• October thru March
• Total of 10 days (6 days of trek and 1 day of rest and one for weather day)
• The day of arrival is used to check the gear( the exact duration of the expedition can vary and depends on each group)
• 02 to12 passengers
• Hotels – Expedition camps
DIFFICULTY GRADE: DIFFICULT
Day 1: Arrive to El Chalten – Gear check
Day 2: Río Electric Valley
Day 3: Marconi Glacier - Marconi Pass
Day 4: HPS: Marconi Pass – Altars circus
Day 5 : HPS: Altars circus –Paso del Viento shelter
Day6: Paso del Viento shelter
Day 7: Huemul Pass
Day 8: Viedma Viedma Lake
Day 9: Weather Day
Day 10: End of services
Note: porters carry up to 15kg each besides carrying their own personal gear and food. Passengers must carry between 20 and 25 kg per person.
No technical training is required in the use of crampons or snow shoes. Previous trekking and camping experience is required. The equipment will be reduced to minimum and the food will be suitable for this type of program.
Participants must be auto sufficient and knowledgeable in the assembly of camps and preparation of meals, before departure this will be instructed by the guide.
The program starts and ends in El Chalten
The itinerary can be changed and must be considered a guide. External factors or weather changes can modify daily plans; this will be at the guide’s judgment.
• Mountain guide and assistant guides according to the amount of passengers.
• G.P.S. (Global Positioning System)
• Satellite telephone to communicate with El Chalten
• Kitchen equipment and dinner utensils for the group
• Mountain security equipment (ropes, harnesses, musket, maps, compass, etc.).
• Crampons, snow shoes y and necessary technical gear for the group.
• Transfer to the Electric Bridge (15 Km from El Chalten).
• Embarkation to Tunel bay and minibus to El Chalten.
• Lodge: see detail in the itinerary
• Meals: see detail in the itinerary
* Entry to Piedra del Fraile included.
BL: Box Lunch
From AR$15775 / US$2630